Maintaining thick hair is not difficult if you use the right tools. A lot of women spend so much money on products that have great reviews but end up frustrated because they simply don’t work for them. What you can use to style thin or straight hair might not work on stubborn thick hair. This is why you need to understand what to expect when you are looking for the best hot rollers for thick hair.
Hair rollers have been around for decades but they are not well appreciated except by a few. The new hot rollers are made from materials that would protect the hair while giving you the best and most defined curls. You need to make sure that you are buying the best hot rollers for thick hair to protect against hair damage.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to choose the best hot rollers for thick hair?
- 2 The best hot rollers for thick hair on the market:
- 2.1 BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional Jumbo Roller Hairsetter:
- 2.2 Revlon Perfect Heat Longwave Hair Setter:
- 2.3 Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Jumbo And Super Jumbo Hot Rollers; Bonus Super Clips Included:
- 2.4 Calista Tools Ion Hot Rollers Short Style Set 12 Base:
- 2.5 Paul Mitchell Neuro Cell Premium Hot Roller System:
- 3 Conclusion:
How to choose the best hot rollers for thick hair?
Hot rollers work on long, short, thin or thick hair. But finding good rollers that would work for your thick hair might take some effort. You can find excellent hot rollers offered by different brands at different price ranges. There are a few factors that will help you with choosing the best hot rollers for thick hair:
The material used:
You need to make sure that you are buying the best hot rollers for the type of curls you want. Using hot rollers that are made of titanium and ceramic will protect your hair against split ends and frizz. Heat tends to damage your hair strands and using hot rollers that are made of other materials might cause a lot of damage to your hair cuticle on the long run. These materials work by heating the hair from the inside without damaging the outside of the hair keeping it shiny and healthy while allowing you to have those bouncy curls that you have always wanted.
Another feature to look for is to buy hot rollers that use infrared and ionic technology. These also heat the hair from the inside and they don’t need to get as hot as other materials. This means that you will achieve a curly hairstyle without damaging your hair in the process. This is essential especially if you use your rollers every day or several times per week. They might cost more on the short one but they are definitely less expensive than spending a lot of money and time on hair treatments.
The number of rollers:
This can be a big issue especially if you have thick and long hair. If you don’t have enough rollers for your hair you will end up buying two or more sets to give you the hairstyle that you have always wished for. Or you might need to spend extra time to reuse your rollers. Otherwise, you will not be able to get the best curly hairstyle.
The length and size of the rollers:
This is another important issue especially if you have long hair. Short hair will curl perfectly even using shorter rollers but with longer hair the process can be a bit difficult especially if your rollers are not long enough. You will have to spend some time to practice using your hot rollers for the best hair style but having the adequate rollers for your hair type and length will make the process so much easier.
Some hot rollers sets come in one size. These would work perfectly if you have short to medium length hair. Layered hair will look better if you use different sizes of rollers. Some sets will have rollers that come in 2 different sizes or more and they will allow you to get the best hair style.
Other points to consider:
- When you are shopping for the best hot rollers for thick hair you have to think about the time your rollers take to heat up and cool down. Most of the time rollers will get really hot pretty fast and this is quite practical because you don’t need to spend an hour every day to style your hair. You also have to consider the time your rollers take to cool down to set your curls before you can store them away. Choosing high-quality hot rollers means that they will heat up and cool down fast for the most reliable results.
- Most hot rollers will have one temperature setting. But some of the best hot rollers will have more than one setting. It is the best option especially if you have weak hair that you don’t want to stress too much with high temperature. It can also be useful if your hair is super stubborn and doesn’t hold a curl, whether it is straight or super frizzy. In that case, you can choose a slightly higher temperature to make sure that you have the curls you have always dreamt of.
The best hot rollers for thick hair on the market:
In this section we have reviewed some of the products on the market and this is how we have come up with our list of top 5 sellers on the market. You need to go through the different product features to choose the best hot rollers for your hair type:
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional Jumbo Roller Hairsetter:
Product features :
If you are looking for the best hot rollers for long thick hair then you should look no more. This set features 20 amazing rollers that come in 5 different sizes to suit your thick long hair. You will have enough rollers to get the look that you have always wanted and you can use the different sizes for a different style every single day.
These Nano Titanium ceramic rollers create infrared heat that is enough to define your curls without damaging your hair. They are so much easier to use than a curling iron and can be used every day to keep your hair looking good without causing frizz or split ends. In fact, the emitted ions will reduce the frizz and improve the look of your hair. These are the best hot rollers for thick hair for long lasting waves and curls.
- A big set with 20 rollers.
- Work well on fine and thick hair.
- Made of Nano Titanium ceramic rollers that generate infrared heat.
- Rollers come in 5 different sizes to suit different hair lengths.
- They work greatly with layered hair to give the best bouncy curls.
- Easy to use.
- Some users didn’t like the clips especially with short hair.
- They also take about 20 minutes to give you nice curls. If you are not in a hurry then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Revlon Perfect Heat Longwave Hair Setter:
Product features :
These are the best hot rollers for thick hair especially if you like to wear it long because they are extra-long. This set is made of 12 rollers, 6 medium rollers and 6 large rollers. They also come with 12 hair clips that will not tangle your hair or leave dents. They are better than pins and will not cut your hair and are super easy to use.
The hot rollers are especially designed to give long hair those wonderful beach waves and bouncy curls that take a lot to achieve using the curling iron. They come with a heating piece that has an indicator which turns white when your rollers are hot and ready to use. They also come with a storage pouch that will work greatly for heat retention and for taking your hot rollers wherever you need to.
Because the rollers are rather large and long, they are the best to give big waves since they hold up more hair than other rollers on the market. They usually take up about 15 minutes to cool down and give you amazing looking waves and curls. They are the best hot rollers for thick hair because they are made of lightweight plastic and will get rather hot to give you the best curls over the shortest period of time.
- Extra-long medium and large hot rollers.
- The best rollers for long hair since they hold up more hair than the average roller.
- Come with a heat indicator.
- Heat up fast and tend to get really hot.
- Lightweight rollers that are comfortable to use.
- Come with a storage pouch for heat retention.
- Travel friendly.
- They are made of plastic.
- They are only 12 rollers so if you have very thick hair they might not be enough.
Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Jumbo And Super Jumbo Hot Rollers; Bonus Super Clips Included:
Product features :
These are among the best hot rollers for thick hair as they are made from ceramic that will eliminate frizz. Thick hair tends to get all frizzy and difficult to manage due to static but using these rollers will make your curls last longer. This hot rollers set features 4 extra-large 1 ¾ inches jumbo rollers and 8 1 ½ inches large rollers making them the best for long hair. They are made to give your hair those amazing bouncy curls and beach waves without the heat damage that you need to deal with when you use the curling iron. They are the perfect rollers to create wonderful curls that will last for long.
These are the best hot rollers for thick hair and are very convenient to use as they heat up in only 85 seconds. They also come with super clips that will keep the rollers in place. They are lightweight and compact and this means that you will have no problem to use them every single day. They are the best rollers to use if you want to create curls and volume since they get really hot and will keep your curls intact.
- Ceramic infused rollers for maximum heat transmission without damage.
- 2 different sizes that will give medium and long hair natural waves and more volume.
- Long lasting curls.
- Heat up in less than 2 minutes.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- The set comes with clips for a secure hold.
- There is no on/off button and you have to unplug the whole unit. This can be a hazard if youforget that you are heating your rollers.
Calista Tools Ion Hot Rollers Short Style Set 12 Base:
Product features :
These hot rollers are the perfect size to serve as the best hot rollers for short hair. If you are looking for a product that will give you the perfect curls and volume then you can definitely rely on these high-quality rollers. These rollers heat up fast and get hot enough to give you the best curls over the shortest period of time. These rollers heat up way faster than other products on the market and they won’t lose the heat once they are placed in your hair. They come with a base that fits all your 12 rollers so that you can heat them all up for the best looking waves and curls.
Because these hot rollers use ion technology, they will keep your hair looking healthy and frizz free while giving you the best looking curls. This also means that your hot rollers will not cool off quickly. You can use them to create whatever style you like while keeping your hair looking soft and bouncy in half the time needed to get the same look using other hot rollers.
- Ion technology hot rollers that heat up very fast.
- They will stay hot for long to give you the best curls.
- They are relatively small and this means that they are travel friendly.
- Perfect to give you different waves and curls as much as you choose to leave them on your hair.
- Say good bye to frizzy hair and split ends as they protect the hair against heat damage.
- The perfect size to curl short to medium length hair.
- The clips don’t work well with very fine hair and the rollers tend to get loose.
- The rollers can be a bit heavy.
Paul Mitchell Neuro Cell Premium Hot Roller System:
Product features :
You don’t have to choose between sleeping in and having the best looking hair. Using this hot roller system, you will be able to get long lasting and beautiful curls in a matter of minutes. The rollers will get hot fast so that you can start curling your hair without wasting precious time in the morning.
Some people think that hot rollers will not work with their hair type. But with the Paul Mitchell Neuro Cell Premium Hot Roller system, you will never face this problem. This set features 4 different heat settings that will work with every type of hair to give you the best looking curls. These can be easily considered as the best hot rollers for short fine hair since they will give you the right setting for the best curls regardless of your hair type. You can choose between the lowest setting and the highest one to suit very fine to very thick and coarse hair.
The set features 6 high-quality hot rollers that will get hot in about 8 seconds and this means that you can easily reuse them to curl all your hair. The color indicator will change when the rollers are hot and the heat safety feature will shut off the whole system after one hour of use to keep your hot rollers working.
- High-quality 6 rollers that will heat up in just 8 seconds.
- They don’t lose heat quickly.
- The feature 4 heat settings to suit different hair types and textures. They are perfect even for very fine hair.
- Will shut off after one hour for safety.
- Light indicator will change color when the rollers are ready to use.
- There only 6 hot rollers in the set and they will not suit thick hair, unless you don’t mind reusing them more than once. They get hot quickly so you will not waste so much time doing so.
Hot hair rollers are one of the most amazing hair styling tools. There are other ways to get incredible curls like using curling irons but hot rollers are so much easier and safer to use. They will not burn your hands or other parts of your body as the outside of the rollers usually stays cool. They are also more versatile as they work well on fine as well as thick hair. They are easier to use than the curling iron especially on hair that doesn’t hold a curl.
Hot rollers are also time efficient. You can watch TV, write an email or do your makeup while waiting for your hot rollers to do their magic. They will not strain your hand or wrist like the curling iron. They are also very easy to carry and can be easily put in your bag if you are travelling. Just make sure that you are using the best hot rollers for thick hair to get amazing looking curls and waves every single time.