There is something sexy and desirable about having bouncy and lively curls. Curls add volume to your hair and make it look healthier. But fine hair can be really difficult to style. Fine hair is usually weak and fragile and this is why you need to be very careful when you are shopping for the best curling iron for fine hair. You need to make sure that your curling iron will be gentle enough on your fine hair strands and still give you the style that you’ve always wanted. Too much heat can damage your strands, cause split ends and frizziness. Your hair might stop growing and you might have to choose between styling your hair the way you want and protecting it.
Table of Contents
- 1 What to consider when you are shopping for the best curling iron for fine hair:
- 2 The best curling irons for fine hair:
- 2.1 Remington CI95AC2 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand:
- 2.2 Hot Tools Professional 1101 Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control, Regular 3/4":
- 2.3 xtava Satin Wave 5 in 1 Curling Iron and Wand Set with Temperature Control:
- 2.4 Infiniti Pro by Conair Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron; 1-inch:
- 2.5 Olaxer EB201 Digital Ceramic Curling Wand with Clipper:
- 2.6 Anjou Curling Iron 1.25 inch with Tourmaline Ceramic Coating:
- 2.7 Natalie Styx Automatic Curler, Curl Hair Iron - Ceramic Tourmaline Curl Chamber with Spray Setting:
- 2.8 RUSK Engineering Curl Freak Professional Curling Machine:
- 2.9 HSI Professional Curling Iron Set. 4 Barrel Sizes:
- 2.10 BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron:
What to consider when you are shopping for the best curling iron for fine hair:
When you are trying to protect your hair while styling it the way you want, you need to make sure that you are using the best curling iron for fine hair out there. This is why there are a few things to consider that will help you choose and buy the suitable product:
Understanding the nature of your hair:
Before you ask yourself what is the best curling iron for fine hair, you need to understand its nature and its type. Thin hair tends to be less in volume. This means that you will probably have less hair on your head than someone who has thick hair. At the same time, each hair strand is thinner by nature and this means it is more delicate. Thin hair will get more affected by heat, chemicals and treatments so you have to be careful while choosing the products that you use. An iron that is designed to work on coarse or thick hair will be too harsh on fine thin hair.
The barrel size:
You need to consider the look you are after. Big wands might not even leave dent on your fine hair since it naturally doesn’t hold a curl very well. Smaller wands might give very tight ringlets that might look too much for an everyday look. The best curling iron for fine hair would lay somewhere in the middle to give you noticeable curls that will last as much as you want them to.
Medium wands are also more versatile as you can use them to tighten your curls or give loose beach waves. They will also work better with the natural texture of your hair. You can work them for tight or loose curls depending on your preferences.
Fine hair is usually short because it is difficult to grow it out. The best curling irons for short hair shouldn’t be too wide because it would be impossible to style this way. Always stick to medium sized barrels especially if you have short hair.
The plate material and curling technology:
Static electricity is one of the most disturbing issues when it comes to dealing with fine hair. Metal irons generate positive ions that can cause damage and dryness. They are the least favored curlers out there as they can damage the hair to a great extent. Titanium is still a good option to consider since it heats up pretty fast giving you defined curls without having to heat your hair for long. Ceramic and tourmaline are among the best materials that will keep the ions and the static at bay when you are dealing with fine hair. They hold up the heat well and this means that you don’t have to use your curler more than once on each strand. Some models also feature steam curling technology that tends to be more gentle on fine hair than dry heat.
The temperature settings:
Fine hair doesn’t need much heat to curl. This is why it is always a good idea to buy a curling iron that has different heating settings. You can use the lower settings for the weaker strands around your face and only go higher towards the ends that you want to keep curled for longer.
The best curling irons for fine hair:
In this section, we have tested and reviewed some of the best curling irons for fine hair. All you have to do is to go through the product features and you can easily choose the best curling iron for fine hair:
Remington CI95AC2 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand:
You don’t have to spend a fortune to find the best curling iron for fine hair. This affordable high-quality curling iron will give you the best bouncy curls without breaking the bank.
Product features :
- This is the best curling iron for fine hair as you get to create different curls and styles using only one tool. It features a tapered barrel from 0.5 to 1 inch so that you can create wide and tight curls without having to switch wands. The fine end makes it one of the best curlers for short hair that is always very difficult to style.
- The ceramic wand is infused with real pearl to give your hair a sleek and smooth look. You will not have to worry about static or unruly hair because your curls will always look like you’ve just stepped out of the salon.
- Your wand will heat up in 30 seconds and you can easily see the numbers on the LCD screen. Easy-to- control multiple heat settings that can reach up to a standard salon setting of 410 degrees.
- It features an automatic shut off after 60 minutes and it comes with special glove to protect your hands.
- Ceramic pearl technology to smooth out your hair.
- Tapered wand to give you loose or tight curls depending on the style you prefer.
- Easy to control heat settings.
- Heats up fast and maintains the heat you chose.
- Shuts off after one hour for your safety and comes with protective glove.
- Because this curler has no clip, your hair might slip off easily.
Hot Tools Professional 1101 Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control, Regular 3/4":
Although this curling iron comes in 3 different barrel sizes, we picked this one because it is the most suitable one for fine hair.
Product features :
- 24K gold plated curling iron that will protect your hair as it gives it the best and most stylish curls. It features a cool end that will protect you against burns.
- This hair tool will give you the best salon quality as it heats up to 428 degrees. With multiple heat settings you can choose the one that suits your hair texture. It features a soft grip that is super easy to use and handle.
- Fine hair might be a bit difficult to style, but this ¾ inches wand size will give your hair the tightest and bounciest curls easily. The wand size is perfect making it probably the best curling wand for short hair. The clip will keep the hair in place so that you can create the style you like. You can say goodbye to perms and expensive salon trips. You will always get the salon quality at the comfort of your home.
- A 24K gold plated ¾ inches wand that will protect and style your hair easily.
- The perfect wand size to style fine and short hair.
- Multiple heat settings for all hair types and textures.
- Soft grip and easy to control.
- Clipped wand to keep your hair in place until you create the curls you desire.
- The temperature dial doesn’t have a digital read out and can be a little hard to read.
xtava Satin Wave 5 in 1 Curling Iron and Wand Set with Temperature Control:
This is so much more than the best curling iron for fine hair. It is a complete hair styling system with 5 different heads to give you different styles and looks using one easy to use tool.
Product features :
- A 5 in 1 curling iron set with 5 interchangeable ceramic tourmaline barrels to give you different styles. They don’t come with a cool tip to maximize the surface area. The heads range from 0.3 inches to 1.25 inches to suit different hair lengths. The big barrels come with a clamp to create loose waves while the smaller ones are clipless. They work best on the short hair on the sides of your face.
- This is the best curling iron for short fine hair because you get to choose among 9 different heat settings. The digital display makes the process easier as you choose between 250 to 410 degrees. It is designed to shut off after 60 minutes.
- The long swivel cord and the protective glove allow you to use the curler easily. The dual voltage feature and the travel bag make this product the best to travel with.
- 5 different interchangeable ceramic tourmaline barrels to style your hair the way you want to.
- The smaller barrels make this the best curling iron for fine thin hair while the clamped bigger ones will create loose waves and curls.
- 9 different digital heat settings to suit different hair textures.
- Protective glove and a 60 minutes automatic shutoff for your protection.
- Some users didn’t like that the iron didn’t feature a cool tip.
Infiniti Pro by Conair Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron; 1-inch:
If you want to have sleek smooth curls even in humidity then this is the product you should pick.
Product features :
- Although there are different sizes to pick the one that you like, we especially love the 1 inch size for fine hair. The size is so versatile and will suit different hair lengths
- The Nano technology eliminates static and frizz to give you the smoothest curls and shiny bouncy curls all day long. This curler is silver infused and will emit natural ions so that you look like you’ve just stepped out of the salon every single day.
- It features 5 heat settings with a digital display so that you can choose the one that suits you the most. This affordable curler heats up in just 30 seconds so that you will not waste precious time to style your hair every day.
- This is a gentle heat curler that will retain your heat moisture and this makes it one of the best curlers for short hair.
- The auto shut off will keep you protected and the heat protective shield makes this super easy to use and store.
- An affordable and reliable curling iron with a 1 inch sized barrel for medium bouncy curls.
- Ceramic tourmaline wand that is silver infused to keep your hair shiny and frizz free.
- 5 different heat settings with LED display.
- Heats up in 30 seconds and comes with a heat protective shield for easy storage.
- Some users think that the clamp is a bit hard to control. Although with practice this issue tends to improve.
Olaxer EB201 Digital Ceramic Curling Wand with Clipper:
Buying a styling iron like this one means that you will be able to create different sized curls for different looks and styles.
Product features :
- This high-quality ceramic wand is infused with real pearl. This will add shine and luster to your hair as it creates the best and most stylish curls.
- Features an LCD display with digital heat settings so that you can pick up the most suitable one for your hair.
- Nano ceramic technology will provide even heat that will penetrate through the hair shaft to create soft and long lasting curls. The tapered end allows you to create wider or tighter curls depending on your preference. The ceramic wand ranges from 1 inch to 1 ½ inches so that you can easily create any style.
- The dual mechanism allows you to use this wand using the clamp or without it. It is the best curling iron for fine hair because you can use it to hold your hair in place until you create the curls you want.
- It will heat up in just 30 seconds and will automatically shut off after 30 minutes for your safety.
- Nano technology ceramic wand that will heat up evenly.
- Easy to use with or without the clamp.
- A tapered wand for loose or tight curls.
- Heats up quickly and will disconnect after 30 minutes for safety.
- It might take quite some time to curl all your hair since you can only take a few strands under the clamp.
Anjou Curling Iron 1.25 inch with Tourmaline Ceramic Coating:
If you are looking for the best curling iron for fine hair that works for medium and long hair and this is the one you should consider.
Product features :
- A wonderful ceramic tourmaline coated wand that will give you great curls with no frizz or static. It works for different hair types and textures and will give you curls that last for long.
- You can style your hair in a few minutes. It heats up to 410 degrees in just 60 seconds.
- The cord is 40% longer than other similar devices. This allows you to use your curler to create the curls you’ve always wanted.
- The tip is insulated to avoid burns. Moreover, this iron will shut off after 30 minutes and comes with a protective glove for your peace of mind. The sturdy stainless steel support allows you to lay the iron to cool down.
- A ceramic tourmaline wand that will not pull your hair.
- The perfect size to create soft and bouncy curls.
- Different heat settings.
- Heats up in 60 seconds.
- Insulated tip and protective glove to protect you against burns.
- Automatic shut off in 30 minutes.
- The plastic end tends to heat up a bit as well.
Natalie Styx Automatic Curler, Curl Hair Iron - Ceramic Tourmaline Curl Chamber with Spray Setting:
When you are looking for the best curling iron for fine hair you need to make sure that you are choosing a product that won’t burn your strands. This steam curler is exactly what you are looking for.
Product features :
- A professional ceramic tourmaline curler that is designed to give you soft looking curls with no frizz or static. Super easy to use with 3 different digital heat settings for different heat textures.
- The spray technology is especially gentle on fine hair. This is the best curling iron for fine hair as the steam protects your strands while the curls are created.
- This comes with a timer with 4 settings for the perfect curls. There is also a curl direction feature with left, right or auto setting so that you can create the style you’ve always wanted in just a few minutes.
- The curler will beep when the desired temperature is reached and your curl is set. The protective glove will protect your hand while styling.
- Moreover, this curler comes with hair clips and a travel pouch.
- Easy to use ceramic tourmaline curler with 3 different heat settings to suit your hair regardless of its natural texture.
- No more frizz or static.
- Spray technology to retain the moisture.
- 4 different timer settings to create the perfect curls every time.
- Curler has 3 curling directions for different hair styles.
- Comes with a protective glove, a travel pouch and hair clips.
- It is more on the pricey side.
RUSK Engineering Curl Freak Professional Curling Machine:
Styling fine hair might not be easy. But this advanced curler makes the process so much easier.
Product features :
- A professional high-quality curling machine with a ceramic chamber to create flawless smooth curls with zero frizz in a matter of minutes. The ceramic will protect your strands against heat damage while creating long lasting curls. It works with infrared heat that will retain the moisture in your hair.
- Super easy to use as the hair is automatically drawn to the curling chamber to create the best curls fast. It doesn’t pull on your hair or cause uneven dents.
- It works on all types of hair and can reach a maximum temperature of 450 degrees for the most defined long lasting curls.
- 3 different heat settings to choose the one that works best for you. The ceramic plates distribute the heat evenly.
- A ceramic chamber that eliminates frizz and static to create smooth and long lasting curls.
- Infrared heating mechanism with the option to create curls pointing to any direction.
- Hair is automatically curled without being pulled or cut.
- 3 different heat settings to suit different hair textures.
- Can reach the maximum heat of 450 degrees in seconds to give you the best curls.
- The curler is a bit heavy. You might feel strained when you have to hold it for 20 minutes or so to curl your hair since it only curls a small strand at a time.
HSI Professional Curling Iron Set. 4 Barrel Sizes:
The manufacturers of this curler understand that you might want to have a different style every day. It is the best curling iron for fine hair and can help you create tight or soft curls easily.
Product features :
- A versatile curling iron with three different sized barrels plus an extra tapered barrel to create different curls every single day.
- Ceramic tourmaline coated barrels that are designed to create flawless and smooth curls while protecting your hair against heat damage.
- The curler will not switch on unless the barrels are properly locked in. You can always change the heat setting to suit your hair nature.
- Infrared technology will lock in moisture and protect your hair. Thanks to the even heat distribution, you will be able to create the best curls with no heat damage. This is the best curling iron for fine hair with an ergonomic design to carry it without feeling strained or tired. As a plus, it comes with a protective glove.
- Different sized ceramic tourmaline barrels for different hair lengths.
- Eliminates frizz and heat damage.
- Will not work unless barrels are properly locked.
- Different heat settings with even heat distribution.
- Comes with a protective glove.
- It is more expensive than other products on the market.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron:
Whenever someone is preparing a list about the best curling iron for fine hair, this wonderful curler will definitely pop up.
Product features :
- Nano titanium technology for the best waves and curls that will last for long. Titanium retains heat and will define your curls faster without having to use the curler too much. It protects your strands against heat damage.
- The advanced technology of titanium and ceramic allows you to create texture and volume while protecting your hair. It heats using far infrared heat that will add shine and smooth out any fizziness. There will be no snags, pulls or unruly dents; just defined soft curls.
- The barrel size is the best for creating medium sized curls that will last throughout the day. You can use it even on short fine hair and it will give it volume and texture.
- You can curl your hair in a few minutes as it heats up quickly thanks to the turbo heat button to reach a maximum heat of 450 degrees. With 50 heat settings to choose from, you can find the one that will work with your hair.
- A reliable product with advanced Nano titanium technology to give smooth and frizz free curls.
- Even heat distribution with no heat damage.
- Medium barrel size to work with most hair lengths.
- Clip design to give the most defined and long lasting curls.
- Heats up quickly. You can style your hair in a few minutes.
- 50 heat settings to choose from.
- The clamp is not really tight which might be inconvenient for longer hair.
Although fine hair needs special attention and care, when you are using the best curling iron for fine hair you will be able to get the hair style that you want with no issues. Make sure that you go through the different product reviews before you make a purchase decision. Not only will you buy a product that will last for long, but you will be doing your hair a favor on the long run.