The world of makeup and beauty products is always busy with introducing the best and most advanced technologies. Airbrush foundation is one of the latest techniques to apply foundation to the face and the body. It is basically a foundation that is sprayed on the skin rather than rubbed or applied using a brush or a sponge. Airbrush application should be done using only the best airbrush foundation brands to have the desired flawless look. An airbrush gun is characterized by a compressor that has the power to blow the foundation for controllable and even application through a medical graded hose. The flow could be adjusted for heavier, lighter and more dramatic make up looks. It can be used to apply foundation to the face or different body parts easily and in no time.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to choose the best air brush foundation?
- 2 What are the best airbrush foundation?
- 3 Final Verdict:
How to choose the best air brush foundation?
There are a lot of things to consider when you are shopping for the best airbrush foundation. In this article we will highlight the most important points:
Do some company research:
It is important to do some research before you buy foundation. Make sure that you are buying a product that is produced by a reputable company. Don’t buy anything that doesn’t have a label or a clear list of ingredients. You must read this before applying any make up to make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used. Also see if the company’s policies work for you. Some companies vow not to test their makeup products on any animals. If you are a nature lover this will be very important. Make sure that your foundation is clinically approved and tested.
Pay attention to reviews:
People usually provide their honest reviews when it comes to the products they use every day. There are a lot of brands that claim that they offer the best airbrush foundation. Go through the reviews and make sure that they are not made up.
Try the foundation yourself:
People have different preferences or expectations to what their foundation should look like. Consider your main skin and makeup issues and look for a foundation that is especially made to address them. If you are looking for a natural look, then you are better off buying an air brush foundation that has a medium to light coverage. If you are into a more dramatic and flawless look, then choose a foundation that is full coverage to conceal all the problematic areas. Also remember that foundations come in different finishes. The airbrush application will make the foundation application easy but will not change the finish. If you are not comfortable with a dewy satin finish then you can opt for a matt foundation. It is always best to try the foundation on your skin, exactly how you would wear it before you make a purchase.
Choose the right shade:
Even the best airbrush foundation will look bad if you don’t buy the right shade. Make sure that you try the foundation on the bottom side of your cheek, where you chin meets your neck. This area is wide enough to see how the foundation will look. Look at your face from different angles and in different lights to see the final result. Airbrush application will even out the foundation but will not fix the shade problem. If you have a fake tan, then make sure that your face matches your tan color. There is nothing worse than a face that looks lighter or darker than the adjacent neck. If you can’t find the right shade, don’t be scared to mix and match, until you find what is best for you.
Test the foundation with the airbrush gun:
It is always best to use the airbrush gun offered with the particular brand of foundation you are interested in buying. But if you already have the equipment and just looking for a refill, then you must use it to see if they perfectly work together.
Avoid caking by applying thin layers:
With foundation, less is usually more. And the best airbrush foundation brands are designed to avoid caking which can ruin even the most perfect make up look. Always apply one thin layer at a time. Avoid unnecessary over application. Only apply extra layers on the areas that require so.
Practice the foundation application:
Applying airbrush foundation is not hard but it requires some practice. Use a light hand to apply the foundation. Always put some kind of protection on your hair and clothes as you might be spaying it all around at the beginning. Hold the applicator 4 to 6 inches away from your face and spray evenly. Wait until it dries and see if you need to apply another layer.
What are the best airbrush foundation?
We have tested best airbrush foundation brands available on the market. In this section we are providing our honest and unbiased opinion to help you chose the best airbrush foundation to get a flawless and perfect makeup look every time. Here are the best airbrush foundation reviews:
Luminess Air Airbrush Ultra Foundation
This dewy finish foundation is hypoallergenic and is made so that it doesn’t clog the pores. It is the one of the best airbrush foundation brands available for sensitive skin:
- Comes in 12 different shades: This foundation comes in 12 different shades to suit every skin color and undertone. You must test the foundation on your face to see how it will look in different lights and from different angels.
- It is non comedogenic: This particular foundation won’t clog your pores and will not cause skin break outs even if you wear it every day. It is long lasting and will stay put for up to 18 hours.
- It is water based: This foundation is light and this makes it perfect for everyday use. It doesn’t contain parabens, oils, alcohol or fragrances, making it the best everyday foundation.
- It hasn’t been tested on animals: It is important to mention that no animals had to go through painful medical procedures to give you this beautiful foundation.
Photo Finish Professional Airbrush Foundation
If you are looking for the best airbrush foundation, then maybe this one is what you are looking for:
- Comes in 21 different shades: This foundation comes in a wide range of shades that are perfectly designed to match any skin color or undertone. You won’t have a blotchy face or an unnatural look applying this foundation.
- It will last for 24 hours: This foundation is the best to use on big events where there will be no time or space for touchups. It will last for 24 hours without running or smearing. By the end of the day you will see that it still looks as fresh as it did long hours ago.
- It is hypoallergenic: This foundation is water based to be light on your skin. It can be used everyday without irritating your complexion or causing any breakouts or discomfort. It doesn’t contain harmful parabens or alcohol and it won’t dry your skin after wearing it for long hours.
- Highly versatile: This incredible foundation can be sheered out for a light coverage or repeatedly applied to get the most even full coverage look.
Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation
The best airbrush foundation is supposed to provide even and flawless look with no smearing or blotching. We chose this foundation because this is exactly what it does:
- Sheer to light coverage: This foundation is designed to provide sheer to light coverage for everyday wear.
- Water resistant: This foundation is nontransferable and water resistant and it will last all day even in the hottest weather. You will need no touchups with this amazing foundation because it will stay put for 18 hours and won’t gather in fine lines or stick to dry patches.
- Easy to use: This foundation works perfectly with all airbrush makeup kits
- All skin types: This foundation is suitable for all skin types and contains no parabens or alcohol
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Foundation
Airbrush foundations are meant to provide streak free and even look. That is why they should have a light blendable formula:
- Blendable and buildable: This foundation is highly blendable and buildable to a full coverage that is both flawless and natural. The light formula allows it to finish into a natural finish without being cakey or heavy.
- Different shades: This beautiful foundation comes in 12 different shades to suit all shades of skintones
- The right formula: This foundation is perfect for normal skin. It has the perfect blend of moisturizing formulas and oil control so that it will look perfect even after 18 hours of wear.
Art of Air Airbrush Makeup
This is probably one of the best airbrush foundation brands because it is mineral based and will last for a very long time:
- Long wearing makeup: This oil based mineral foundation is very long wearing and will last a long time.
- Perfect finish: This foundation can be applied for a heavy look or sheered out for a light coverage.
- Perfect shades: This foundation comes in 19 different shades to suit all skin colors.
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance free: This foundation will not irritate your skin no matter how long you wear it. It will need no touchups and will stay perfect all day long.
Going through the best airbrush foundation reviews, we decided that we have a winner. The Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation is probably one of the best airbrush foundation brands out there. It provides the most flawless look with the perfect finish. It is even rub and water resistant and won’t transfer to your clothes. It sets on contact without powder for a perfect look that will last all day
Our Winner Foundation