Curly hair is beautiful and it can be created using a variety of different curl techniques. Some people think curly hair has to look messy, but this isn’t the case! If you want to curl your pixie cut hair, then this post is definitely for you. We will show you how to curl a pixie cut with a flat iron and the steps needed in order to achieve that look.
We’ll start by describing curly hairstyles, their advantages, and why girls are so fond of them! Curly hairdos can be created using different tools like curling irons or heated tongs but today we will talk about what it takes to create curls with just one tool that is a flat iron.
Advantages of Curly Hair:
- Curly hair is more voluminous, and it can hide any imperfections on the head.
- You’ll never need to worry about your frizzy locks because curly hair has a natural defense against humidity, which makes them perfect for summertime!
- All that volume means less breakage and longer-lasting curls if you take care of them properly. If you are thinking about cutting long curls, then our advice would be not to do so until they drop or go down in length; otherwise, what was once beautiful will turn into an unmanageable mess!
Some people think curly hairstyles have to look messy, but this isn’t true at all. The whole point of curling with a flat iron is to make it look natural and beautiful.
- There are two ways of curling with a flat iron; you can either use the clamp technique or twist your hair before you curl it.
- To do this, separate small sections of your wet hair and place the end tightly against your head so that the strand sits at an angle to create curls on one side only (clamp).
- You can also just wrap your strands around the barrel without using clamps which will give them more bounce but they won’t last as long. This technique works really well for shorter styles such as pixie cut or bobs!
Different Styles for Pixie Cut Hair:
There are many curly hairstyles, both formal and informal, that will suit your lifestyle perfectly. With so many options available, it’s hard to know where to start when you’re looking for an ideal style – luckily, we’ve narrowed down some of our favorites here for you below!
- Natural curls
- Curly Pixie
- Straight Pixie
- Loose waves
- Tight coils (Kinky)
- Rounded Bun with loose curls on top
- Chignon bun or low side bun with tight curls at the bottom layer
- More Volume to Your Hair with a Wave or Spiral Style
Things You’ll Need:
Instructions For How to Curl a Pixie Cut With a Flat Iron:
- Comb through to make sure it’s all tight and secure.
- Section off the top section of hair from ear to ear by creating two ponytails on either side of the head.
- Take a small piece from one side and secure it around the base of the ponytail holder on that same side. Repeat the process with a small section from the other side.
- Secure both ponytails by wrapping them around your head, clipping or tucking in the ends of hair that are sticking out at an angle. If you want, finish off with some hairspray for extra hold before you start curling!
- Lastly, take your flat iron (set on medium heat) and curl away – starting close to the root area of your hair and moving outward toward its end until it is completely curled. Make sure there aren’t any stubborn pieces left behind once finished! Tuck those back into place while still hot then let cool naturally or use a blow dryer if you are in a hurry!
Tips For Sleeping With Curls:
If you sleep with curly locks, then you’ll wake up with perfect, beachy waves. I can also tell you how to achieve them because this is the method that has worked best for me!
- Start by using a brush or comb to distribute your hair texture evenly, and then use some hairspray on it so that it stays in place overnight.
- Then, take all of your curls down and let them air dry until morning.
- Take two-inch sections at a time starting from the bottom and wrap each one onto an elastic band (you should have about ten bands).
- Leave these in overnight while sleeping as they will hold their shape nicely when you remove them in the morning. The next day, unravel the bands which will leave you with perfect waves.
- Apply some hairspray on them, and you are done! Now you can get a good sleep even with your curly hair.
Frequently Asked Question:
What are The Disadvantages of Curly Hair?
If your pixie cut hangs to the side, then you probably want to opt for something other than curly hair because it can make your face appear wider and larger than it actually is. It’s also important not to overdo big; loose waves just like with long-haired styles, because they have the same effect on how wide and round your features seem on camera or in person.
Which Flat Iron to Use for Pixie Cut Hair?:
There are actually many options for doing this. You can either purchase an actual curling wand that is made specifically for curls or find one with attachments like the CHI Original Curl Iron.
However, if you’re looking for something less expensive, then there are plenty of other options out there as well. One option would be using a sectioning clip to hold back some pieces while styling others which will give it more variety in the finished look.
What Are the Best Technique for Curling a Pixie Cut?:
No matter what your hair type may be, this post is for you. We’re going to show you the best technique for curling a pixie cut with a flat iron and also list some of our favorite tools that will help make it easier on you!
A pixie haircut usually falls between two inches at the crown all the way down to just below chin level around your jawline. If you have ever had an asymmetrical bob or A-line cut before then chances are pretty good that you can manage styling a short hairstyle like this one without much hassle!
Do You Use Heat Protectant Before Using a Flat Iron on Your Hair?:
One of the first things you have to do before using a flat iron on your hair is applying heat protectant. This will help with frizz and preventing any damage from being done by the intense heat coming out of the device. Plus it’s great at helping detangle knots in your locks too!
Where Can I Buy Products to Help Me Curl Up My Hairs if They Are Really Short and Thin Like Mine?
The truth is that you can curl your hair even if it’s short and thin. The only thing you need to do is find a product that will make the curls last for at least one day or more, depending on how much time you want them to stay like this.
If your hair is really short, then I recommend using a curling wand instead of iron because it does not require as much heat from the device in order to create those nice long waves we all love so much!
Curls are typically the most flattering hairstyle for this particular haircut as they can make you look more feminine and pretty. It’s easy to do, too! You need some time and patience (and maybe someone else who knows what they’re doing).
We hope you enjoyed our article on how to curl a pixie cut with a flat iron! If so, please share it with your friends and family members who may also want the secret to this hairstyle.
Are you want to know about 4 Important Things You Need To Know About Laser Tattoo Removal